1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Been the parent of a (nominal) adult.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any. This is a mistake. I have some for next year but will disclose later.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I feel like I've been in the eye of a baby boom hurricane, but mostly acquaintances and coworkers and the wives of a few old friends. 2008 will see more babies. :-)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
See number 3 - many people close to me lost people close to them while I only lost one ex coworker.
5. What countries did you visit?
Is Clement Street a country?
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Persistence and dedication.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I guess the day number one son graduated from high school. But I can't remember the date.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I feel like my cooking abilities turned some sort of corner. I am just way more confident in the kitchen than ever before.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not keeping my physical self up to par, trying various migraine prophylactics with no success, not getting no. 2 son into the school that I wanted him to go to.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
No. 3 son's.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Daft Punk concert, 20th anniversary weekend.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Pitbull - Go Girl
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? sadder
ii. Thinner or fatter? fatter
iii. Richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Weight lifting, looking for another job.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
White Rapper Show.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
If by hate you mean there is disappointment and bitterness in that direction, then yes.
26. What was the best book you read?
The Glass Key
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
Love, new refrigerator
29. What did you want and not get?
DS with BrainAge bundle.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went to Target, 43.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A new job.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
J Crew meets SchlubMaster
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Upcoming presidential elections
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Not quite new, but I hadn't seen him in several years, maybe five. T's son is now 16 and just a fabulous, interesting, funny, and kind young man with a lot of musical knowledge and talent and great fashion sense. I feel proud of him.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis , but I learn that every year. Perhaps Omnia mutantur, nihil interit is more to the point and I will work on learning that in 2008.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Shake those dice and roll 'em."